Monday 3 December 2018

Winter Skincare - My Current Routine

Day 3 of Blogmas is upon us. This month is already going too fast! 

Taking care of your skin is incredibly important, especially during winter. The cold, harsh weather can really affect how hydrated your skin is, and make it flaky.


I definitely do the most skincare during winter - I often find loading products onto my face during the height of summer just too uncomfortable, but I go all out during the colder months. The start of my routine consists of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. This stuff makes your skin feel incredibly clean, almost squeaky clean. It is amazing at removing even waterproof makeup, and is sensitive on my skin. I use this every morning and evening, and whenever I take my makeup off.

For toner, I am currently using the L'Oreal Fine Flowers Toner, which smells delicious. I would describe this toner as having a slightly oily consistency, as opposed to a more water based one, but that is not a bad thing. It really feels like it's doing my skin a lot of good, and my face feels really smooth once it has all absorbed. It's made with rose, known for its soothing properties, ad jasmine, renowned for it's protecting and moisturising properties. I use this every day after cleansing in the morning and evening.

After I have cleansed my face, I use the Nip and Fab Dragon's Blood Fix Plumping Serum. Made with hyaluronic acid and velvet flower to enhance hydration, this product gives my skin that extra boost in the colder months, and feels luxurious.

I am currently using the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser, which came as part of a mini skincare set along with the Hot Cloth Cleanser. It's probably not my favourite moisturiser ever, but it smells wonderfully natural, and it does the job. 

After moisturising in the evening, I may use my Dr Botanicals Pomegranate Superfood Regenerating Sleeping Mask (that's a mouthful!). You simply put it on your face before bed, let it sink in a little, and dream away. In the morning, wash your face, and your skin looks baby fresh. I find it really helps to reduce some of the redness in my face, and also makes my skin really smooth. It is vegan, cruelty free, and 98% natural. ALL RIGHT!

The Smooth Sugars Glow Scrub facial exfoliator by L'Oreal is lovely. I use this a couple of times a week in the morning, before I cleanse my face. The smell is a weird combination of nature and baking, and probably not my favourite scent, but the product itself is amazing. It's not too harsh on the skin, but leaves it feeling soft and smooth, and helps to polish and leave radiance.

Lastly, lipbalm. Taking care of your lips during winter is incredibly important - I find my lips chap incredibly easily, and it feels absolutely horrible. The Minty Elderflower Lipbalm by Folklore is an absolute saviour, and it feels like it just melts on your lips when you apply it. You know how smooth melted wax is? Kinda like that. It's a gorgeous mint scent which I feel makes it all the better for my lips.

What are your go-to products during the winter months? Have you used any of these products? What did you think? Let me know in the comments, and I'll see you tomorrow for Blogmas Day 4!

Ciao for now, 
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment