Monday 31 December 2018

The Final Chapter - Day 365

It's the end of the year, and I honestly couldn't be more glad. Apart from the slightly diverse range of not-so-nice things that have happened to me over the course of the year, I'm just so excited for a fresh start and to make some new memories. I know everybody says it every year, but 2019 definitely will be my year. 2018 was the complete opposite of 'my year' and I believe there's always balance in life.
Despite the many downs of the year, I feel much more motivated and my mental health is the best it's been in quite a long time, and I plan to embrace that.

I'm going to set myself a bunch of small, easy to work to goals, and make step-by-step guides for myself to achieve those goals. I refuse to let 2019 be another waste with little to no achievements, and I find I tend to work towards my goals better when they're written down in an easy to use plan of action. Think super creative bullet journal spreads, but not in a bullet journal.

I mean, I say this year was rubbish, but a few good things did happen. For example, rekindling with one of my oldest friends (who has a great blog relaunching on the 2nd by the way) and getting a job that, once the teething issues are sorted, will be a really great place to work. I also got to see some family up country for a surprise party which was really fun, and of course I restarted my blog!

So for the last post of this year, I thought I'd do what many other fellow bloggers are doing and share with you my goals, or resolutions for the next year. I want to achieve them now more than ever, so I at least want to get started on them, even if I don't fully achieve them by the end of 2019.

The main thing I want, but more importantly, need to work towards in 2019 is getting myself to a healthy weight, or a body that I feel comfortable in. I know the two don't always come hand in hand, but I'd be happy with either outcome. At my heaviest, I was just over 20 stone, roughly 127kg, and although I managed to shave off about 5 stone, it's been slowly creeping back. I desperately want to get myself into healthy eating habits, like enjoying food that gives me energy and all the nutritional stuff, as well as not feeling guilty for eating food that is higher in sugar and fat. There's no such thing as a cheat day, or good and bad food. Just healthy sustaining food, and food that doesn't have as much of the nutritional stuff. It's all about the balance, and that's a mindset I plan to achieve.

I also really want to get myself on the road. Cornwall is such a beautiful place to explore, if you have the means. Public transport can only take you so far, and is ridiculously expensive and slow. I want to be able to work to my own schedule, not the bus timetable, and go to my favourite places that aren't close to me. I'm an avid fan of road trips too, and I just want the freedom to be able to drive wherever I like, or go to the shops and not have to worry about the amount of stuff that I'd have to carry home. Now that I've found myself a good job, I'll be able to afford driving lessons within the next few months, and I really can't wait.

Perranporth

Another goal I have set for myself is to get my finances in check. My money situation is basically a mess right now, but like I said, I have some solid step-by-step plans to achieving these goals bit by bit, and I'm positive I can do it. I want to start saving up a little bit of my paycheck every month, and just get into good habits with my in-goings and outgoings. I have a few Christmassy things that I need to pay off, and a lot of things that I want to save up for, so now is the best time for me to get myself organised. My oldest brother is pretty on it with organising his finances, and he's more than happy to help me. Bless.

As well as these three big things I'd like to achieve by the end of the year, there's also a bunch of smaller things that I want to focus more on, or make habits out of.
I want to read more books, I want to see my friends more often, I'd like to bake more, I want to properly get back into blogging, and so many other little things that may not seem like huge goals, but are still important to me.

I hope you guys had a great year, and I wish you guys all the best for the year to come!

Do you have any goals you'd like to achieve in 2019, or anything super exciting planned? What's your best achievement from this year? Let me know in the comments, and I'll see you soon!

Ciao for now, 
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment