Sunday 9 December 2018

My Top 10 Festive Films

Everybody loves a bit of cheesiness at Christmas time, and what better way to achieve that than with the most ridiculous, funny, fun loving festive films. I'm a big fan of Christmas anything, let alone the amazing, heart-warming films that we get to watch once a year. I'll admit, there are a lot of films that I still need to see, like Miracle on 34th Street, or Home Alone, but I love the films on my list so far.

At number 10 is Elf. A lot of you may be shouting at me for Elf not being higher on the list, but I've seen it more times than I can count. I think Elf is a really original Christmas film and is really funny. I especially love the shower scene.


Number 9 is The Princess Switch. If you haven't already heard, it was released on Netflix this year, starring everybody's favourite High School Musical princess, Vanessa Hudgens. It is the most predictable film ever, but it's just so feel-good.


That brings us to number 8 on my list, The Santa Clause. I've not seen the sequels, but the original always makes me feel super festive.  


Number 7 is The Christmas Chronicles. This is another new release by Netflix this year, and I cannot fault it. It's so wonderfully done, I really do love it. It would be much further down on the list if it wasn't such a new release. We'll see next year...


Number 6 is Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. This film makes me feel so nostalgic, I remember watching it a lot as a little girl.


The Holiday is at number 5, definitely the best festive rom-com behind Love Actually. I really love the soundtrack in this film too, and Jude Law is just bloody beautiful.


The Polar Express is at number 4. The hot chocolate scene is the best and it's just such a wonderful concept for a Christmas film.


Jack Frost at number 3, and is always the film I think of when somebody mentions Michael Keaton. I cry every single time I watch this film, and I love it.


Number 2 is Love Actually, the best rom-com of all time, let alone Christmas. The best of British comedy, it just makes me feel all the feels
.

So that leaves us at number 1. Jim Carrey is such an incredible actor, and his performance in The Grinch is classic. It's funny, cute, festive, and everything inbetween. I'll definitely be watching this on Christmas Day.


What's your favourite Christmas film?

Ciao for now,
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment