Wednesday 2 December 2015

I'm Back!

Hello Blogging Community!

It's been a while, eh? About 3 months if I remember correctly, which is way way waaaay too long!

College ended up getting the better of me and I was just too stressed out to do anything, be that blogging or youtube or homework. I am the procrastination queen. However, I recently decided to leave college, simply because I'm not ready for it at this time in my life. I have good AS level grades behind me, and I'm going to reapply for college next year when I feel more comfortable with myself, my life, and what I want to do with it.

The thing I hated about the education system is there was never enough time. When choosing my options for GCSE's, I was focused on mock exams. When choosing my A-Level choices, I was focused on my GCSE exams. Now that I'm meant to be focusing on university, I've realised I'm not doing anything that I'm passionate about. I've simply decided that enough is enough, and I'm going to take my education, my health, and my future into my own hands. I didn't have time to fully figure out what I wanted to do by the time college rolled around, so I picked subjects that I thought I would like. I had no experience with these subjects before, and as you can imagine, they weren't what I expected.

So, my plan is to take the next year by the horns and do as much of what I want to do as possible. That means getting a job (I have an interview tomorrow, woop!), volunteering anytime I can, and really getting into blogging and youtube, plus trying lots of different things. This is going to be the year that I discover myself properly, and just in time for New Year's resolutions!

My inital plan was to do Blogmas this year to fully throw myself back into blogging, but I then thought that might be too much stress all at once, so instead I'm just going to post as regularly as I can. Who knows, I might end up blogging everyday until Christmas, I might not!


I thought this little quote was quite fitting for my situation, and it's completely true. If you're unhappy, you can do something to change it. I thought dropping out of college would mean the end of the world, but I'm already happier and looking forward to going back when I've sorted myself out and planned my future the way I want it.

I can't wait to get back into blogging, I've missed you all so much! 

I'll see you very soon!
Katie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment