Saturday 1 December 2018

Top 10 Best Beauty Calenders

It's finally here, my favourite time of year! Ooh, that rhymed.
December is upon us once again, which can only mean one thing.. BLOGMAS!

I had uhmed and ahhed about whether or not to do blogmas, since I've only just got back into the blogging scene, but since Christmas is my favourite time of year, I thought it would be the perfect way to properly get back onto my blogging feet again.

So let's kick off Blogmas with Day 1, 2018's Best Advent Calenders.

In previous years, finding an advent calendar was really easy. You'd just pop to the nearest Tesco and get your favourite chocolate. For my brothers and I, it was usually a Cadbury one, or one of the cheap ones with your favourite characters on the front - I remember getting a My Little Pony one when I was younger. But nowadays there are so many different advent calendars to choose from, including beauty, makeup and skincare, candles, toys, chocolate, you name it. It's so difficult to know which one to go for.

This year, since we're all adults now, we decided to splash out on some nice chocolate ones, since we're old enough to actually appreciate the cost of glorified chocolate (and it's traditional). We always wanted a fancy chocolate one and begged our parents every year. You'll be happy to know that this year I get to open a lovely Lindt Lindor window every day. Yum.
My brothers went for a Reese's one, and a Millions one, and my partner has a Heroes one. We're all very excited.
However, my amazing friend Jade got me the most insane beauty calendar from M&S as a Christmas present, and let me tell you, I could not be more excited to open this thing. It is absolutely beautiful and has some really amazing products inside. I've had a couple of beauty calendars before, but none as lovely as this. Thanks Jade!


I thought it would be fun to share some of my favourite calendars on offer this year, and if you're a crazy person and don't already have an advent calendar, you may find some inspiration for one you like. Beauty calendars are definitely one of my favourite varieties to go for, but since there's so many other amazing calendars out there, I decided to add on a little bit for food, drink, fun, and classic chocolate calendars too.

Beauty Calendars

For those of you, like myself, who love to try new makeup and beauty products, a beauty calendar would be perfect. You can get ones with a range of different make up products, hair products, lip products, skin care - there is something for everyone!



The Book of Beauty by Marks and Spencers is of course top of list, as my wonderful friend Jade actually bought this one for me. It features 25 products worth £250, from brands such as L'Occitane, This Works, Pixi, Stila, and more! I'm beyond excited for this calendar! It's so gorgeous, a proper magnetic box with adorable mini boxes inside as each window.



The Space NK Advent Calendar is a little more top of the range, with it being worth £600. This is Space NK's first ever beauty calendar, and how well they've done with it! The emerald green and burgundy box is simply stunning, and would look amazing atop any mantlepiece. Again with 25 mini boxes inside, Space NK's calendar features products by Drunk Elephant, Hourglass, Nars, Sunday Riley, and many more.



The 25 Days Of Enchanted Ultimate Advent Calendar by The Body Shop is the perfect gift for those who prioritise in ethical, cruelty-free skincare. This box features 25 products, 14 of which being full-size, and features some amazing products, such as the revitalising facial oil and the charcoal purifying glow mask. Gimme gimme gimme!



Another newbie to the beauty calendar scene, The Shiny Pretty Things Advent Calendar by M.A.C is sure to stand out amongst the make-up loving crowds. 25 of their popular products will have you feeling ready to get glammed up this season.



The Christmas Tree Calendar by Revolution is absolutely massive. From lipsticks to highlighter, this whopping 25 full-size product calendar can be nothing than a dream come true for make-up addicts.



If you like a mixture of skincare and makeup, It's In The Calendar by Soap and Glory is a must-have this Christmas season. Complete with 24 mini versions of some of their most popular pampering products, as well as a selection of their best make-up products, Soap and Glory have really got it right this Christmas.


Can't Wait Another Day by Sleek features lip creams, eye and lip pencils, mascara, nail varnish and more. Sleek is such an amazing, affordable brand with some really great products available, so this calendar would definitely have me jumping for joy.


If you're more into delicious hand creams, lip balms, and soaps, The Cath Kidston advent calendar is a necessity for full body pampering and cleansing. 24 mini products await you in this adorable kitsch advent calendar.


The LancĂ´me Luxury Beauty calendar has it all, including skincare, makeup, and fragrances. Enjoy a selection of 24 products from Lancome, as well as brands such as YSL, Ralph Lauren, and Victor & Rolf. 


For those of you who love a subscription box, the All I Want calendar by Glossybox looks amazing. I used to have a monthly subscription when money wasn't so tight, and I think it's so fun receiving them. Glossybox's advent calendar features 25 products (including 17 full size) from brands such as Nars, bareMinerals, Huda Beauty, Nip and Fab, and so much more. I think anybody would be thrilled to receive this gorgeous box.

Foodie Calendars

Of course, there's also those who would prefer a little something to eat for their advent calendar, without going for the same old chocolate one.


The Marshmallow Calendar by The Naked Marshmallow Company is filled with different flavour gourmet marshmallows, complete with a chocolate spoon for Christmas Day.

The Pork Crackling advent calendar by The Snaffling Pig Company is perfect for meat lovers, featuring 24 bags of flavoured pork crackling, including pigs in blankets, maple, and classic salted.

The Pringles advent calendar is something that could have been done a long time ago, but it's never too late to jump on the advent bandwagon. This calendar features 12 windows containing mini tubs of Pringles. What more could you want?

This Cheese calendar is a dream come true for those dairy lovers like myself. A slice of cheese a day keeps the doctor away! Or so I tell myself...

I think the Artisan Brownie advent calendar by The Sweet Reason Company has got to be the top of my foodie advent wishlist. Popular flavours such as honeycomb, mince pie, baileys, chocolate orange, and more await you with this gorgeous box of 25 homemade treats.

Drinks Calendars

Or perhaps a little merry something to drink..?


The Christmas Tea Lover's Advent Calendar by Fortnum and Mason looks so beautiful, and is absolutely perfect for those avid tea fans who like to enjoy a different brew each day.

For those of you who have jumped on the gin bandwagon (not me), this Gin and Tonic Advent Calendar is perfect. Have yourself a merry little drink each day, or save them up for stocking fillers and Christmas Day shenanigans.

Whiskey lovers will malt (see what I did there) after receiving the Drinks by the Dram Whiskey Calendar by Master of Malt, containing varieties from a diverse range of distilleries.

The Fizz Advent Calendar by First4Hampers calls to those of you who enjoy a bit of bubbly, and what better time of year to receive 24 mini bottles?!

Debenhams have gone to town with the beautiful Coffee Advent Calendar, perfect for those who need a festive pick me up each morning. 24 coffee sachets in a variety of amazing flavours, from chocolate praline to strawberry and cream, are sure to leave you feeling buzzed for Christmas.


Fun/Lifestyle Calendars

Who doesn't love a good toy now again, or a cute knick knack for around the house? There are some awesome calendars out there to really bring out your inner child, or help decorate your home with adorable mini pieces.


I am in love with the Stationary Lover's Advent Calendar by Kikki K. I'm a sucker for cute stationary and desk pieces, and this 25 window book contains some adorable pens, notebooks, candles, and quotes to brighten your pencil case.

Calling all Potterheads! Funko Pocket Pop released a Harry Potter Advent Calendar, featuring 24 mini pop! figurines. Oh my god.

You can never go wrong with a candle, and this Yankee Candle advent calendar couldn't be anymore perfect. A selection of wintery and festive scents will have your home smelling sweet all day long.

I love Lego, and this Lego City Advent Calendar is no exception. Create an adorable winter scene and bring out your inner child with this amazing countdown.

As we get older, we really start to appreciate that new pair of socks under the tree. The Happy Socks Advent Calendar contains 24 pairs of socks to keep your toes toasty through the cold winter months.

Classic Chocolate Calendars

And last, but certainly not least, we have the classic chocolate calendars. Over the years, confectionary brands have gone all out with the Christmas countdown, with more and more of our favourite chocolates becoming available in advent form.


Hotel Chocolat are masters when it comes to creative delectable chocolates, and their Grand Advent Calendar has got me very excited. Salted caramel vodka, pecan praline, and more await you in the beautiful countdown.

Kinder is one of my favourite chocolates ever, so it's no surprise that my favourite simple chocolate calendar is filled with Kinder goodness.

Green and Black's Luxury Chocolate advent calendar is the perfect countdown for those with less of a sweet tooth.

This year, I have a Lindt Lindor Blissful calendar, so I just had to include it in my list. Lindt is so sickly and moreish, I love it.

And last, but certainly not least, a calendar that everybody will love - the Ferrero Rocher Golden Gallery calendar! If you don't like Ferrero, you're a crazy person. It makes you feel royal.

So there it is, my top 10 beauty calendars on offer in 2018, and my top 5 food, drink, fun/lifestyle, and chocolate calendars. Which of these would you most likely go for? Do you have a calendar already? Which one? Let me know in the comments!

Ciao for now,
Katie x




No comments:

Post a Comment