Saturday 8 December 2018

How To Make A Simple Wreath

For Blogmas Day 8, I decided to have a go at creating a wreath, but since it's my first time ever making one, I decided to cheat just a little bit.

In Wilkinson's, I found a lovely undecorated, and rather small wreath, along with loads of wonderful little artificial holly leaves, berries, pinecones, bells, and loads of little ornaments to decorate it with. 


You can make so many gorgeous wreaths with foliage that you cut yourself, or from the florist, but I didn't want to go all out of my first every wreath making experience, just in case I severely f*cked up. I actually really like how it's turned out, as it's not overly decorated, and you can still see a little bit of the wreath behind. I think it looks rather rustic. 

To make a simple artificial wreath you will need:
  • A wreath hoop
  • String or twine to hang it, if it doesn't have a bit already attached
  • Foliage (real or artificial)
  • Twine or wire to attach the decorations
  • Whatever you want to decorate it with, such as dried oranges, pinecones and conkers, flowers, battery powered fairy lights, etc.
As you can see, for my wreath, I've used artificial holly, berries, mini apples, cinnamon sticks, silver bells, and dried orange slices. I accidentally left my oranges a little too long, so they did burn slightly, but I really like the dark purple colour that they've turned.



Tie your string or twine around the wreath to create a hoop to hang it up with. Then, quite simply, have at it! Spend time arranging and rearranging your foliage and your larger decorations until you get your perfect wreath base! Wrap your fairy lights (if you're using them) around your foliage and secure tightly with your twine or wire. Then attach your smaller decorations the way you want them, et voila, a simple homemade wreath! 

A wreath is a work of art, so don't worry about doing it wrong. However you do it, it will be perfect, because it will be yours. 



Tag me in your homemade wreaths on twitter (@_katiestone) or Instagram (@katieemmastone), I would love to see how you've made them your own. 

Merry Blogmas Day 8, and I'll see you tomorrow!

Ciao for now, 
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment