Sunday 31 May 2015

Monthly Favourites | May

Hey guys! 
Sorry that I haven't posted in a little while, I'm working on a couple of posts but they're taking quite a while so I do apologise for that.
May has been a good month beauty wise. I got my first glossybox and spent a lot of money of things that I really wanted for myself, and although most of my favourites are just things from last month's favourites, I have a few new ones.

The first thing in this month's monthly favourites is my Rita Ora for Rimmel London nail polish in shade Daisy Days. I bought this in early May and have loved it to pieces ever since. It really makes me feel brighter and summery, and I even think it makes my hands look slimmer! I don't need too many coats to get a good colour coverage and I've found it lasts a long time before chipping. This is definitely a staple polish for me this summer!

Rita Ora for Rimmel London - Daisy Day 450

Next is my Argan Oil heat defence spray. I am so bad with protecting my hair from heat, and have only really started using heat defence properly in the past few months, even though i've been curling, straightening and drying my hair for years. No wonder my hair is frazzled! This spray smells absolutely gorgeous and it makes my hair a lot less frizzy after blow drying. I love the packaging of this product as it looks really fancy and expensive, even though it isn't. I haven't used many heat defence sprays so I don't know how this one sizes up to the big brands, but I definitely like it.

Argan Oil Heat Defence Spray

Garnier Micellar Water is amazing. I bought this a few weeks ago and have been using it every single day before my cleanser, toner, and moisturiser to remove my makeup, and it works like a dream. I use this by putting a small amount onto a cotton pad and wiping it over my face and lips. I use an eye-specific water for my eye makeup as I have quite sensitive eyes and I'm used to it so I'm boring.

Garnier Micellar Cleaning Water

I used to use a hairspray that I bought in a pound shop which really did hold my hair, but made is crispy and gross and just not how you want your hair to feel. I swapped it for the TRESemme salon finish firm hold hairspray and it is so so so much better. It keeps my hair in place without it becoming too hard and crispy, and it controls my flyaways really well. Love love love it!

TRESemme Salon Finish Firm Hold

Next is Batiste dry shampoo. I'm not going to lie, I've only used this a couple of times as I bought it not long ago, but I really really love it. I have the cherry flavour which smells gorgeous, and it makes my hair look so much fresher and more alive. I know a lot of people don't like that it can leave white flakes in your hair, but that doesn't really bother me as I have light hair anyway. I really want to try a different brand of dry shampoo just to compare, but this does me just fine!

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Cherry
I've also really been loving the face masks by Superdrug. This, again, is more of a late May purchase, but I cannot tell you how much I love face masks. They feel so amazing, and superdrug do such a massive range of flavours, skin types and mask types so there's so many to try. They're 3 for 2 at the moment so I definitely recommend them if you don't want to go ahead and buy a branded face mask.

Superdrug Superfruits Exfoliating Mask

Lastly, but definitely not least, is the body shop cocoa butter lip care stick. I suffer from horribly dry lips, and was told the cocoa one was the most moisturising so I took the plunge, and it has made such a difference to my lips. I put this on in the mornings and evenings, and anytime during the day when I feel like a need a top up. I'm not keen on the smell of this as I don't particularly like anything cocoa scented on my face or body, but I can look past it because the formula is so creamy and so nourishing. I think it was quite expensive for a lip balm, but the body shop is an amazing brand and the balm definitely does what I want it to do!

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick

So that's my May favourites. What have you been loving this month?

See you soon!
Katie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment