Thursday 21 May 2015

Friendship Frenzy

Hi guys, 

I thought I would talk about friendships and relationships as they're incredibly important, especially as we're growing up, and can really affect who we become.

My best friend last year decided that our friendship wasn't working out anymore for personal reasons that I won't share on here, but we stopped talking completely and I was really upset. At this time I had just started college and hadn't made a lot of friends, so I ended up being very lonely.
I have since realised that it's probably for the better that we aren't friends anymore, and although I still get upset and miss her sometimes, we're both better off without each other.


source: google images

Sometimes friendships and relationships just don't work and they can become toxic and end up hurting both parties involved. You have to be really careful with who you decide to become involved with, and stay away from people that don't make you happy.

A friend can be made of all sorts of different things, and we may have different friends for different things. But it's important that you're friends with people who you know will always be there for you. Someone you know you can rely on to be a shoulder to cry on and help guide you through tough times will always be a better friend than someone who is just fun to hang out with, although that's a must too. 


source: google images

Surround yourself with people that will make you a better person, who will make you laugh and make you enjoy your life, even when you're just lying on your bedroom floor talking. Toxic people will make you upset and can really hurt you, so avoid toxic relationships.

source: google images

And remember, if someone doesn't want to friends with you because it's a toxic relationship, don't think you're a toxic person. Everyone has flaws and those flaws make us who we are, and sometimes they affect our friends and family, but that does not make you a bad person. Love yourself and love the people around you.

I have since made some amazing friends who I know I can count on and make me cry with laughter. We can scream musicals in the car and have serious deep conversations too, and I have never been happier. If you're feeling lonely, just know it gets better. I thought I was never going to feel like I had really good friendships ever again, but now I have some of the best friends I could ever have asked for.

See you soon!
Katie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment