Sunday 30 August 2015

Autumn Wishlist | Clothes

As far as I'm concerned, the end of August marks the beginning of Autumn. England barely has a summer anyway, so I am super excited for cozy knits, fluffy socks, and going to college in my pyjamas (not really, but you get my excitement!). I've decided to create a wishlist of clothes, makeup, skincare and autumn essentials that I would love to have this year in separate blog posts which I'll be posting over the next couple of days. Let me know your autumn wishlist favourites in the comments below! 

Shoes


(From left to right)

You can never go wrong with boots when it comes to autumn - they look gorgeous with practically every outfit and keep your tootsies warm! I always find it hard to find flat shoes which are good for the autumnal period but the brogues from New Look are super cute and would look amazing with jeans or a floaty dress and coloured tights. The red boots I would pair with black skinny jeans and an oversized burgundy jumper. It would be a very simple outfit which would allow for statement jewellery and lots of accessories! I think the tan boots would look amazing with plain black leggings, a patterned top and a chunky nude or brown cardigan, and the black ankle boots would pair nicely with an a-line skirt and long sleeved top and knee high socks.

Dresses/Skirts


(From left to right)

I love the granny patterns and mixture of browns and reds this year, which you can clearly see through my choices of dresses and skirts. Just because it gets colder doesn't mean you can't style dresses and skirts with coloured tights, ankle boots and chunky knit cardigans. The black button up skirt would look great with knee high boots or ankle boots and cute socks and a casual shirt with elegant accessories. I love the grey knit dress I though was lovely for autumn because it's still girly and has the fun of a dress, but the knit material and long sleeves would keep you warm, but I'm not sure how I would style it, what do you think? The floaty dress is something I'd wear on a warmer winter day with kitten heels, or with a simple cardigan, tights, and ballet flats on a chilly day. The chevron skater skirt would look really on style with a plain black turtleneck, black tights and flat ankle boots, paired with chunky but simple jewellery. The jacquard dress is something I'd wear of an evening with black or nude heels and a matching clutch bag. The dress does all the talking so I'd wear minimal jewellery and subtle makeup. I love the zip front skirt as it is really chic and on trend, incorporating the classic autumnal colours. A plain black v-neck sweater and brown boots would be my ideal outfit for this skirt. Lastly, my personal favourite of the skirts and dresses, the bird print dress can be styled with any kind of shoe and bag for a casual or a more dressy outfit.

Jumpers


(From left to right)

The camel jumper and the side split jumper would look really elegant styled with jeans and any kind of shoe as they're too thick to tuck into skirts but would be gorgeous over sized. The waterfall blazer would top off an elegant outfit of a white shirt and navy blue heels, and I'd pair the burgundy blazer with a monochrome turtleneck top, high waisted jeans, and boots.

 Tops


(From left to right)

I always find it really difficult to shop for tops, but I think these ones are perfect for the upcoming months. I think all of them would look amazing with jeans and loafers, changed to heels for evening events. I basically live in skinny jeans so it would be a dream to have a selection of gorgeous tops for all different weathers and occasions, like these ones!

Accessories 


(From left to right)

I think these scarves and bags are really cute and use the basic autumnal colours, and would add a seasonal flare to any outfit, whether it be plain black or something a little more extravagant.

I hope you liked my wishlist, and let me know if you want anything that I've shown here!
See you soon!

Katie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment