Monday 7 January 2019

Beyond Organic Skincare Review (Spoilers - It's Amazing!)

Hi guys, a very happy New Year to you all! I hope you have enjoyed the first week of the year, and are making the most of the first Monday of 2019. I've been so tired with working so much, but today I'm feeling motivated to get some blog posts written.

Just before Christmas, the wonderful team at Beyond Organic Skincare were nice enough to send me a few of their products to try out. I'd been on a bit of a hunt for local Cornish skincare, and immediately loved the look of their range of products!


Beyond Organic were founded in 2005 with a vision for organic, 100% natural skincare. They are popular all over the world, including Asia and Eastern Europe, and have been featured in True Health Magazine and Vegan Food and Living. As the population become more and more aware of what we are eating, drinking, and putting on our skin, more and more natural and organic skincare brands have been popping up, and Beyond Organic are definitely the guys to try!

A lot of the ingredients used in their products are food grade, meaning they are perfectly safe for your skin, and packed with over 190 biologically active compounds in each product, I knew it was going to work some magic (many of the products you would usually buy only feature up to 3 active compounds). 

I got sent a lovely range of products to try, including the Shine and Strength shampoo and conditioner. I was probably the most excited to give these ones a go, as I'm always on the hunt for new hair care, and my hair is really lacklustre and in need of constant TLC. I find many of the shampoos and conditioners readily available in the supermarkets just don't do what they advertise.

This lovely duo contains aloe vera, sea buckthorn, and natural oils, as well as having 0% sulphates, silicones, and parabens. I love the minimalistic, but still very cute packaging - it kind of reminds me of pictures we used to take in my photography class in college, and the packaging is completely recyclable. Both of these products are vegan, and along with every other product this brand has to offer, is fair trade and hasn't been tested on animals.
  

The shampoo is incredibly interesting because, unlike most shampoos where you wet your hair and then lather up, you have to add water to the product to lather it. I'm not overly sure if I quite got the hang of this method as I found I wasn't able to lather it properly, but my mum had no problems when she tried it. It did leave my hair feeling wonderfully clean and quite hydrated too. Oftentimes I'll wash shampoo out of my hair and it feels incredibly dry and brittle until I condition it. Definitely not the case here! The shampoo is 93% organic, and along with the conditioner, is formulated with botanical extracts to provide strength, shine, and moisturisation. 

I found the shampoo smelled quite sort of earthy and musky, which I totally expect from natural products - it just smells so healthy. I definitely preferred the scent of the conditioner which has more of a citrussy note to it, but the combination of both is a real treat, and both my mum and myself found that the scent lingered in our hair for ages. Truly a wonderful duo of hair care that leaves your hair feeling super clean, healthy, and happy. 

I also got to try out the cleansing set, as well as the Miracle Worker face cream. The Detoxifying Cleanser is 100% organic with loads of amazing benefits for your skin, such as coconut oil for deep cleansing, burdock for smooth skin and restoring skin tone, yarrow for its healing properties and to reduce pore size, and comfrey to help skin repair and reduce inflammation. It has a wonderful citrus lemon scent which isn't too overpowering, and left my skin feeling so baby soft and hydrated. My skin instantly looked brighter and happier, and the fact that it's an oil/balm is even better. I'm not overly keen on thick cream cleansers, and always find the oil ones work best. Unfortunately it does contain beeswax, so this particular product isn't suitable for all you vegans out there - but worry not! Beyond Organic have loads of natural vegan products for you to get your hands on! The cleanser also came with a lovely muslin cloth for washing the product off your face, and it's one of the best muslin cloths I have ever used - move over Liz Earle!


I absolutely loved the alcohol free Soothing Toner - it's so refreshing and gives you that instant little boost to wake up your tired skin. It contains rose and geranium for their hydrating, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties, and it really does smell amazing. It's so nice to spray a couple pumps onto your face, and I imagine it would be so nice in the heat of summer. It's 96% organic and vegan, and I highly recommend it. I use the cleanser and toner every morning and evening.

Lastly from the cleaning set, I received the Moisturising Day Cream, which I use every morning, containing sea buckthorn and rosehip. I found this product really does what it says on the tin, and makes your skin feel so healthy and hydrated. My skin felt much less dry and the pigmentation improved a lot over the course of the couple of weeks of using these products. The moisturising day cream is 90% organic and also vegan, and is just amazing. 

As well as the cleansing set and hair care duo, I also received the Miracle Worker Face Cream. Containing cocoa and shea butters for intense moisturisation and nourishment, rosehip oil to help skin remain youthful, tamanu oil to improve the appearance of scars, and soya oil for it's anti-inflammatory properties, it's one of my favourite products that I got to try. Another vegan product with 92% organic ingredients, this one truly is a miracle worker. I noticed my skin just looking so much healthier and stress-free, I had less and less spots, and I occasionally got a little whiff of the wonderful natural smells of the products. I use this product in the evening as my night time moisturiser, and I really love it.


All in all, I highly recommend Beyond Organic skincare for anybody - they have loads of other wonderful products available all the family for amazing prices, and deliver internationally, so you have no reason not to jump on the organic skincare bandwagon!

Have you ever tried Beyond Organic? What did you think?

I'll see you guys very soon, and thanks for reading!

Ciao for now, 
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment