Sunday 27 January 2019

Payday Shopping Trip Haul - Superdrug, Lush, Primark, and more!

On Saturday I was in dire need of some retail therapy, so myself and my friend Jade took a little trip to Truro to have a mooch around the shops and grab some lunch. The weather was horrible, as it always is in England, but we still had a nice time having a lovely little coffee and a quick bite to eat in Starbucks, before heading out to New Look, Lush, Superdrug, and more. It's safe to say that I was in a 'treat yo self' kind of mood.


We went to New Look first, and I wasn't overly impressed with the spring selection that was available. I picked up some Shape and Define skinny jeans and I was pretty tempted by the homeware, but I was good and just bought the jeans. Being a slightly bigger person myself, I usually find jeans really hard to find, but New Look's tend to fit me best. I love the shape the jeans give me - it's the second pair I've bought!


We then went to TK Maxx and found so many lovely things that I wanted to grab. Some of the bargains I found included a little candle, a face mask, false lashes, and a super cute mug. My favourite mug got chipped recently so I needed a replacement, and although its nowhere near as nice as my old mug, I still think it's super cute.


The little Tilly Parker candle and the Eylure false lashes were both reduced, and I randomly found the Coop + Daisy face mask in the stock pile of makeup. I was immediately intrigued by the glitter, and then realised it was a watermelon face mask. How could I resist?


After that, we popped over to Lush and I didn't hold back. They have their Valentine's range out which is full of loads of amazing goodies, so I grabbed the Love Boat bath bomb, and the Aubergine bath bomb (I see you with your penis emojis), as well as the Goddess and the Guardian of the Forest bath bomb from the normal selection. I also grabbed 2 bath oils. I love how some of the bath bombs make the water feel, so I thought i'd try the oils on their own (so good for shaving).

Love Boat Bath Bomb

Goddess Bath Bomb

Guardian of the Forest Bath Bomb

Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment and You've Been Mangoed bath oils
Superdrug is probably where I picked up the most - it's so hard to restrain yourself in there! I'm absolutely loving Nip and Fab right now, so I decided to pick up the Glycolic Fix Bubble face masks, which were 2 for £8. I then spotted a Nip and Fab makeup stand and immediately went raiding. I had no idea they did makeup, but if their skincare is anything to go by, I know it will be amazing. I picked up the colour corrector in the shade 02 Banana, and the contour palette in 01 Light.


I also grabbed myself a new foundation. I seem to have a thing with foundation where I can't seem to find any that I really like, so I'm constantly buying new ones. This time I went for the Loreal True Match in the shade Golden Ivory. As you can see, I have used it already, and it's a great match for my skin.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation - Golden Ivory
I also picked up a second set of Eylure lashes, and the Maui Moisture Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner. My friend had really enjoyed using them, and I thought they looked amazing. I decided to pick them up since they were on offer, and my hair is in need of some major TLC.


Next we went to Waterstones and I picked up 2 books - Notes on a Nervous Planet by Matt Haig and The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k by Sarah Knight. I had read Matt Haig's other book, Reasons To Stay Alive, and absolutely loved it, so I've wanted to pick this one up for a while. I've heard really good things about the Sarah Knight book, and I'm definitely in a 'sort yourself out' point in my life right now, so I'm pretty excited to start reading it.


Lastly, we had a little look around Primark. Again, I wasn't overly impressed with the spring fashion, but I did find a cute little bag. I'd been looking for one anyway as all my bags seem to be too big or too small, but this one is the perfect size. It has a simple magnet to keep it closed, and a detachable inside pocket.


So that's it, no more shopping ever again!.. Or until next payday.

I hope you enjoyed my little haul, and I'll see you very soon!

Ciao for now,
Katie x

1 comment: