Thursday 30 April 2015

Monthly Favourites | April

Okay, so since it's the end of April, I thought I would do an April favourites for you! I'm really excited about this because I haven't actually done a beauty post yet because I'm poor and unemployed, so this stuff I have been using for a little while, but yeah. HERE WE GO!

The first item I want to talk about is Simple's Kind to Skin hydrating light moisturiser. It does exactly what it says on the tin. It's super hydrating, so I feel really clean and fresh after using it, and it's so light. You only need a tiny amount to spread over your whole face and even then, you'll probably have some left over. I use this in the morning after cleansing and toning my face and I feel so great for it. I get really dry skin around the sides of my nose, which made foundation so cakey around that area, and powder just seemed to accumulate in one spot. But I've been using this a lot recently, and it's made my makeup go on so much nicer. I'm pretty now. Plus, it's great for sensitive skin because there's no harsh chemicals. Win.

Simple's Kind to Skin hydrating light moisturiser


The next product I have been absolutely loving is Schwarzkopf's got2b Beach Matt Texturising Salt Spray. Honestly, up until a few months ago, I had no idea what a salt spray was or what it did. But when I was told that it gives your hair volume and gives it that gorgeous beachy look and I just had to get one. I've been using this a lot lately when I get bored of my straight hair and can't be bothered to curl it or wash it, and it's just something really natural looking and fun. It doesn't leave my hair feeling like it's full of product so I really love this right now. I want to try some other salt sprays so if you have any recommendations for me, leave me a comment!

got2b Beach Matt Texturising Salt Spray


Next up - nail polish! I've been really into bright, summer colours at the moment, and these two are definitely not new in my polish collection, but I always find myself coming back to them. The first one is an Essie polish in a gorgeous turquoise colour. I really love the finish of this polish as it leaves my nails really shiny and smooth, and it isn't too hard to remove either. The only bad thing I will say about this polish is that it took me like 6 coats to get a nice solid colour on my nails. Do you guys get that problem with Essie? Anyway, it's great for when I want to pamper myself and don't mind waiting for my nails to dry. The other polish is from Avon. I have no idea what it's called (sorry!) but it's a gorgeous pink and it's so bright, bees would probably want to rub their butts against it. I love it so so much and it makes me super girly. You don't need as many coats as the Essie one, but I always put a couple on, just to be safe. 

Essie in 98 and Avon (shade unknown)


I go through phases with eyeshadow. Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I couldn't care less. My eyelids are naturally a lovely pinky colour so I don't think I really need it, but I've been really enjoying this brown shade from my Colour Unlimited palette. It's really pigmented and has a light shimmer so it looks great in photos. I got this palette years ago so it's probably kinda gross, but what can I say?

Colour Unlimited eyeshadow palette (far right)


The next item I was so scared to try. It's the Collection Bronze Glow bronzer. I was always freaked out over bronzer and blush and highlighter and things like that because I had no idea what to do with them, but there was a 3 for 2 offer on in Superdrug a few weeks back, and I thought I'd give it a try. I love it. It doesn't change my skin tone or make me look tan or anything like that, but it gives my face more depth and makes me look more alive after putting my foundation on. It's a mixture of pinky browns and golden browns, with a very very fine shimmer, and it just looks so gorgeous. My only problem with this is that I always get shimmer on my hands from where I've been touching my face, but it doesn't go on anything else so I'm not all that bothered.

Collection Bronze Glow - Mosaic


I decided to change concealers after realising that my current one was too dark for my skin and got kind of gross under my eyes, so I picked up the Lasting Perfection Concealer by Collection and I adore this so much! I use this under my eyes to reduce my dark circles and it brightens my face completely. It had a doe foot applicator so it's really easy to apply, and I just dab it in with my finger. Easy peasy.

Collection Lasting Perfection concealer - Fair 1


I have been adoring Zoella's Blissful Mistful body mist. I got this for Christmas and I have worn it non stop since. The only thing I didn't like about this is that it's a mist, so it's very light and doesn't last as long as a perfume, so I really want Zoe to bring out a perfume because her choice of scent is just amazing! The packaging is super cute too.

Zoella Beauty Blissful Mistful body mist


Lastly (and this is a strange one), water! This is so weird for a monthly favourites, but since I downloaded the Plant Nanny app, my skin has cleared right up! I had loads of teeny little spots and a lot of discolouration around my temples and chin, but now I don't even need to use concealer anywhere but under my eyes. Shoutout to water. If you suffer with breakout and discolouration, try drinking more water, it may help. 

So this was my first monthly favourites. First beauty post. Exciting! 
This was really fun, and I hope you enjoyed it.

See you soon!
Katie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment