Sunday 6 March 2016

Dear Mum...

Dear Mum, 

Happy Mother's Day. I love you. I know I say it a lot and it's absolutely true. You are by far the best mum I could ask for - you're there for me to rant to when i'm angry, hold my hand when we're watching a scary film, and comfort me when I cry. You're the first person I want to tell about my day and I miss you when you're not around. 



I am so grateful to be part of a family, your family, that is so supportive of me, in the good times and the bad. Not everyone gets to celebrate Mother's Day, so for being such a great person, I truly thank you. 

I told you I would have bought you more for Mother's Day if I had more money. If I could afford it Mum, I would buy you the world, because you completely deserve it. You deserve it for being the mother you are to Chris, Jamie and I. You deserve it for being the strong, brave person that I look up to. 



I'm sorry for being a pain in the ass. I'm sorry that I can't help you pay rent at the moment, I'm sorry that I don't bring down my laundry straight away, and I'm sorry that I block the plug hole with all my hair and thick conditioners. I'm sorry I'm not the fit, healthy teenager you would have liked. I'm sorry I couldn't stay at college. You put up with so much, and I know I make you angry sometimes. I don't mean to. 

You're my counsellor, my guardian, my mother, and my best friend. 



I promise I'll always be there for you, as you have been for me. 

Happy Mother's Day, Mum.

Katie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment