Friday 31 July 2015

Monthly Favourites | July

So July went by super quick and quite a few exciting things happened.. I joined a gym and went swimming at 6:30 in the morning, quit my waitressing job and got another job working at a holiday park with some really wonderful people, and finished my course of CBT training with a lot of improvement, go me!

This month's favourites are a lot more makeup based than usual, which is quite strange because I've been wearing less makeup this month - it's too hot, and I'm too lazy! Anyway, here's what I've been loving this month...

The Rimmel 60 Seconds Super Shine and Rita Ora nail collections are my obsession this month, I think I've bought about 10 different colours this month alone. They're only £2.99, which I think is amazing as the quality of the polish is so amazing. The colour is really shiny and lasts a long time on the nail, as well as only needing two coats at most to cover the nail fully. The only downside to them is that I don't have more! In the picture you can see Berries and Cream, Lose Your Lingerie, and Rain Rain Go Away, pretty pretty pretty!


The Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation is literally a godsend at the moment. My skin has become a bit horrible recently with a lot of breakouts and discolouration, probably from the heat we're getting at the moment. This foundation gives me a gorgeous coverage which isn't so heavy that it looks like I'm wearing foundation, but heavy enough that I honestly feel flawless. It's the only high-end makeup I own (for now..) so I cherish it dearly. It was £26 but I feel like that's a good price to pay to feel flawless. Plus, it has SPF 25, yay!


The W7 In The Buff eyeshadow palette is quite a recent buy for me, but I saw it everywhere and thought the colours were way too pretty to leave on the shelf. I've wanted a nude palette for ages as I'm not very adventurous with colours, and this was exactly what I was looking for. I think this cost around £4.99 which is an excellent price for so many colours. The shadows are really pigmented and last ages, so I'm as happy as Larry!



I wanted something lighter as a base for the summer, what with it being so hot at the moment. Something lighter would benefit my skin and would also be really useful for when I'm having pretty good skin days, but just want a little bit of coverage. I picked up the Rimmel London BB Cream in light, and I can't tell you how much I love it. It is literally the perfect colour for my skin, it lasts all day and longer, and makes my skin look normal, healthy, and dewy, and we all want that, right? If I were to recommend anything in my favourites, it would definitely be this.



I heard a lot of people talking about the Lash Sensational mascara by Maybelline, so I couldn't help but feel intrigued. I had recently finished my mascara so was looking for a new one anyway, and this makes my eyelashes look really long, really full, and really thick. I haven't had any clumps which I got a lot with my old mascara, and the packaging is really pretty which is obviously essential.


Lastly, and the only thing that isn't makeup related, are candles! The Tesco Travel Tin candles, to be precise. I've really been getting into candles and saw these for 75p, which is an amazing price for such amazing smelling candles. I have Awake, which is grapefruit and lime leaf, and is basically just a burst of citrus which really wakes you up, Sleep, which is lavender and jasmine, quite herbal and sweet, Laugh, which is pink lemonade and peach, really sweet and light, and Indulge, which is bubble bath and rose petals, and basically smells like fancy soap. They're really cute and burn for ages, so go head to Tesco's and pick yourself up a bunch!


What have you been loving this month?

See you soon!
Katie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment